- Jesus prayed about everything. He would take a break to take time praying alone. Take time to pray before you start work.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28, especially verse 17. The notes from the NIV bible say, “We cannot spend all our time on our knees, but it is possible to have a prayerful attitude at all times. This attitude is built upon acknowledging our dependence on God, realizing his presence within us, and determining to obey him fully. Then we will find it natural to pray frequent, spontaneous, short prayers. A prayerful attitude is not a substitute for regular times of prayer but should be an outgrowth of those times” (NIV, 2011).
- Pray in agreement to what Jesus prayed over his disciples and future Christ followers in John 17:6-19.
- Living and serving others like Jesus is a huge way to include him in your work.
- We are sons and daughters of God. When Jesus was baptized, a voice from heaven said “this is my son with whom I am well pleased” in Matthew 3:17 (NIV, 2011). Because we are adopted sons and daughters of God, we have to remember that God’s pleased with us. Remembering that can directly impact our mood and our attitudes because our identity is so important as we go about our day. Identity helps us stay in our own lane and not get distracted by things others are doing. When we are strong in our identity, our necessity to compare and become miserable is lessened.
- Life coach for Christian women, Diana Kerr, is one of my favorite women to follow for intentional, faith-based living. She said she marks on her to do list the eternal purpose of each item on the list. She also reflects each morning on incorporating her faith into her day.
- Starting work by meditating on scriptures is a great way to start your day with a focus on Jesus and God’s word. By having scripture notecards on your desk or somewhere you look frequently will remind you of His word.
- Having praise/worship/Christian music on as I work has a profound impact on what my attitude is and as I catch myself singing along, I know it also invites the Holy Spirit into that place and changes the atmosphere of the area.
- Read John 15 and have those verses handy – staying rooted and attached to the vine, because we are not going to grow if we are not being fed by Jesus.
- Buy and read through Created for This and apply the devotionals to your business. The devotional is based on Proverbs 31 for business owners and entrepreneurs.